I think that anyone who is bored doesn’t have their eyes open. Or their ears. There is no shortage of things to do, ever. The nature of my job is that the work is never done, so I have to prioritize and choose where I give my time. I must also learn when to say, “That is enough for today.”
Sometimes I think about the boundaries that I need to put in place to lead a rhythmic, healthy life. I think about the things I should say “no” to. This weekend, someone reframed the questions for me: What must I say “yes” to in order to be faithful to God’s call on my life?
Right now, I understand God’s call on my life to involve two things:
1. To love Him with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my mind and will all my strength; and to love my neighbor as myself.
2. To know and value the unique identity He has given me, and to offer that each morning that I wake up.
Some things I must say yes to:
– discipleship time with Janet. I will not miss this time each week.
– curriculum development project for Destino
– loving my team
– writing daily
– reading daily
– letting my roots grow down deep with a few friends, near and far